Working with over 140 universities and colleges, WPM Education e-payment solutions allow institutions to securely take payment for fees and sell products and services online via a single fully hosted and managed e-payment platform.
WPM Education provide e-payment solutions to over 140 UK higher and further education institutions and are widely acknowledged as the market and thought leader in this sector.
As part of our service offering we provide a Service Desk which institutions use to raise tickets in relation to their WPM e-payment systems. These vary from genuine system issues, problems with third parties which link to/from WPM’s systems, general user queries and training-related issues. The Service Desk acts as the central conduit for all tickets and then looks to resolve these where possible, or manage the escalation and delegation of these to other departments where required.
All WPM’s systems are web applications which are configured, via our internal tools, for each individual institution’s requirements. The Service Desk uses the web applications directly, and our internal tools where required, to support institutions.
WPM’s Service Desk is often the first and main point of contact for many of our clients for all payment-related queries and part of its remit is ensuring clients understand what is and is not within WPM’s remit and control, and who to contact if it is not. The Service Desk team therefore play a pivotal role in delivering the excellent client experience our clients have come to expect and WPM wish to provide.
In order to continue to provide our growing client base with this expected high level of service, WPM is seeking an additional experienced 2nd Line Support Analyst to join their growing Service Desk Team. This will encompass all tickets which cannot be handled at 1st line and which require further investigation, analyse and potentially validation of issues. The role also encompasses aspects of system configuration for new or existing clients, which is achieved through WPM’s internal tools.
The role requires supporting our clients in their use of our online payment systems by phone, email and via the web. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a technical ability to analyse issues with web applications, often involving limitations in software functionality, application setup, data analysis, as well as issues related to system upgrades. The candidate will be expected to manage the resolution of technical issues for clients where the issues have been validated personally or have been passed back from escalation. We would therefore expect to see traits such as self motivation and personal management skills.
In line with set SLA’s and job specific KPI’s, we would expect the candidate to demonstrate their ability to take ownership of and prioritise their support jobs, evaluating issues of severity and effectively managing this from receipt to resolution.
Being a team player and possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills is key. The candidate will be expected to work with the 1st Line Support Analyst team members in assisting with escalations where necessary, the Customer Services Manager, members of the development team, implementation team and the senior management team.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assessing client queries and requests received by phone, email and web and efficiently assigning these to relevant personnel or managing and escalating where appropriate
• Communicate escalated issues and bug fixes to the relevant personnel and manage the associated client communication
• Ensuring all calls are logged correctly and resolved within agreed SLAs
• Ensuring the Knowledge Base containing information on how to use WPM products and services is consistently up to date
• Ensuring that WPM values and brand image are maintained in all communications with clients
• Proactively recognise the needs of the client; for example additional training requirements, and raise with Account Management team
• Arrange and deliver bite-size remote training where required, such as a 30 minute screen-sharing session
• Assist the implementation team in the configuration of customer systems using tools provided.
Skills and Experience
• Competent in the use of web browsers and web applications
• Problem solving; identifying issues using initiative and available resources to generate ideas and solutions
• Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritise tasks
• A positive attitude to dealing with people, both internally and externally
• Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes
• Experience in working in a Technical Support environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong team player
• Competent in MS Office products
• A working knowledge of HTML/CSS and an understanding of accessibility considerations
• A proactive approach in analysing best practice and making recommendations for improvement
• Awareness of the issues affecting online shopping and payments
• Experience supporting customers in the use of software
• Knowledge of the issues affecting web based applications
• Experience of screen sharing software
Reports to: Customer Services Manager